Global Research, May 27, 2007
In an inexorable build-up of propaganda and military encirclement prior to a first strike attack on Iran, the Bush junta, along with its London quislings, have switched their anti-Iranian propaganda from nuclear issues to accuse the Iranian government of “meddling” in Iraq and supplying Iraqi guerillas weapons with which to fight the US and British occupying troops.
The evidence for such allegations was always sketchy and reminiscent of the concocted lies about Yellowcake Uranium and WMDs, used by Bush and Blair to drag their people into a genocidal war crime against a much weaker country.
Now, an independent research organization, the British American Security Information Council, has produced its own report on the alleged involvement of Iran in Iraq.
“Whatever the true extent and nature of Iranian military action in Iraq,” the report concludes, “few independent analysts believe Tehran is playing a decisive role in the sectarian warfare and insurgency.”
Instead, the report suggests that:
“other, more strategic motives also lie behind the considerable US political energy being expended on highlighting the Iranian role in Iraq. Iran may present a useful scapegoat to divert the blame for failures in Iraq away from the occupying powers.”
“In particular, should the administration decide to embark on a military strike – an option which it says is still ‘on the table’ – then garnering public and political support in advance would be vital. Without it, the global unpopularity for military action would likely greatly exceed the opposition to the invasion of Iraq.” (Download Pdf Report here)
Meanwhile, in an extremely disturbing statement, John Reid, the UK’s Home Secretary (Minister of the Interior) has threatened to implement emergency powers in order to derogate Britain’s obligation to uphold the European Convention on Human Rights.
If emergency powers were to be implemented as an excuse to extend the fake “war on terror” then Britain will, to all intents and purposes, become a naked dictatorship. And even if bully-boy Reid’s stepping-down from office in late June were to put such a threat on the back-burner it is more than likely that his successor would continue with such a policy.
Derogation of the European Convention on the basis that there is an emergency threat would need the approval of both Houses of Parliament. But that would be a mere issue of technicalities to a dangerously Manichaean, Blair-Brown regime which, as before, would simply organize yet another Black Op crime against its people in order to plunge the country into a full blown totalitarian state prior to further domestic or international crises such as an apocalyptic nuclear attack on Iran.
© Copyright , chimesofreedom.blogspot.com, 2007
The url address of this article is: www.globalresearch.ca/PrintArticle.php?articleId=5785
- Why Is Anyone Still Catholic?
- Pope Benedict XVI exposed in a monstrous international criminal cover-up: call to criminally prosecute Pope Benedict at the International Criminal Court
- An Act Of War: The US Congress is Actively Pushing for War on Iran
- VIDEO: “Nuclear Terrorism”: US administration is interested in creating an environment which will justify a possible nuclear attack on Iran
- Pope Benedict and the Roman Catholic Church: Worst Credibility Crisis Since Reformation
- Is Canada Fighting an Imperialist War in Afghanistan?
- The Politics of Counting Dead Afghan Civilians
- Hamid Karzai: Our Man in Kabul
- United States, once again, reserves the right to a “pre-emptive” nuclear attack because it owns the world?
- Obama Threatens Iran with Nuclear Weapons: Tehran’s Response.
- Art Crimes
- Arts and Letters Daily
- Asia Times
- C.O.A.T.-Coalition To Oppose The Arms Trade
- Canadian Charter of Rights
- Confronting Empire
- Cyrano’s Online Journal
- Democracy Now
- Electronic Intifada
- Electronic Iraq
- Free Speech TV
- Gaza-Laboratory for the Occupation
- GLOBAL BDS MOVEMENT
- Information Clearing House
- Informed Comment
- Killing Train
- Les Politiques
- Michael Albert
- Noam Chomsky
- Open Democracy
- Palestine Blogs
- Palestine Chronicle
- The Cutting Edge
- The Dominion
- The Tyee
- THomas Paine’s Corner
- Truthout/News Politics
- we make money not art
- World Changing
- Z Magazine