Mossad kidnaps Iranian ex-official
Global Research, March 8, 2007
Press TV Iran – 2007-03-07
A former Iranian Defense Ministry official, who was reported missing in Turkey last month, has reportedly been kidnapped by Israeli secret services.
Alireza Askari, 63, was then taken to the United States by the Israeli spy agency Mossad, informed sources said.
Iran’s Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki had earlier said that Iran will send a team of diplomats to Turkey to find out how the former deputy defense minister mysteriously disappeared while on a private trip to Istanbul.
According to informed sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not allowed to speak to the media, Turkey’s secret services also helped the Israeli spy agency in kidnapping the former Iranian defense official.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini has said that Tehran hopes the sensitive issue would be resolved through diplomatic channels.
The Riyadh-based Saudi newspaper Al-Watan first reported the disappearance of the former Iranian official last month.
According to the paper, Askari arrived in Istanbul from Damascus, Syria, early February and then checked into a hotel that he never checked out of. Mysterious circumstances surrounding his disappearance have sparked suggestions that the former official has been kidnapped.
Al-Watan speculated that the former deputy defense minister would either have been abducted by Mossad and CIA agents, or left Turkey with a different passport.
The Zionist regime has reportedly stepped up security measures at its diplomatic missions around the world following the news of its secret services’ involvement in the disappearance of the former Iranian official.
.For media inquiries: email@example.com
© Copyright , Press TV Iran, 2007
The url address of this article is: www.globalresearch.ca/PrintArticle.php?articleId=5015
- Why Is Anyone Still Catholic?
- Pope Benedict XVI exposed in a monstrous international criminal cover-up: call to criminally prosecute Pope Benedict at the International Criminal Court
- An Act Of War: The US Congress is Actively Pushing for War on Iran
- VIDEO: “Nuclear Terrorism”: US administration is interested in creating an environment which will justify a possible nuclear attack on Iran
- Pope Benedict and the Roman Catholic Church: Worst Credibility Crisis Since Reformation
- Is Canada Fighting an Imperialist War in Afghanistan?
- The Politics of Counting Dead Afghan Civilians
- Hamid Karzai: Our Man in Kabul
- United States, once again, reserves the right to a “pre-emptive” nuclear attack because it owns the world?
- Obama Threatens Iran with Nuclear Weapons: Tehran’s Response.
- Art Crimes
- Arts and Letters Daily
- Asia Times
- C.O.A.T.-Coalition To Oppose The Arms Trade
- Canadian Charter of Rights
- Confronting Empire
- Cyrano’s Online Journal
- Democracy Now
- Electronic Intifada
- Electronic Iraq
- Free Speech TV
- Gaza-Laboratory for the Occupation
- GLOBAL BDS MOVEMENT
- Information Clearing House
- Informed Comment
- Killing Train
- Les Politiques
- Michael Albert
- Noam Chomsky
- Open Democracy
- Palestine Blogs
- Palestine Chronicle
- The Cutting Edge
- The Dominion
- The Tyee
- THomas Paine’s Corner
- Truthout/News Politics
- we make money not art
- World Changing
- Z Magazine